4 fillet steaks (thick cut eye)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper (freshly)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 sheets frozen puff pastry sheets (thawed)
1 eggs (beaten with 2 tsp water)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoons shallots (minced)
1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
125 grams mushrooms (finely chopped)
dry white wine (splash of)
Discover more recipes from Maudie And Jane
11. To make the mushroom duxelles, heat butter in fry pan over medium-high heat. Add minced shallots and garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms, salt & pepper, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until liquid has evaporated and mushrooms caramelised. Add a splash of wine, stir and cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and let cool completely before using.
22. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Season both sides of fillet with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large heavy based fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the fillets and sear for one minute on each side. Transfer to plate to cool completely.
33. Place puff pastry on lightly floured surface and cut sheets in half. Spread 1/4 of the mushroom duxelles on top of each fillet, pressing to flatten. Place 1 fillet, mushroom side down, in the centre of the puff pastry sheet. Using a pastry brush, glaze edges of the pastry with egg wash. Fold pastry over the fillet and press down edges to seal.
44. Place wellies seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg wash over tops and sides. Bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and brown. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories90Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.